Thursday 1 October 2015

That's the thing about books...

they let you travel without moving your feet.




I’ve spent most of my adult life, trying to avoid intimacy. I cannot say nor state that it’s one of those effects of being a socio path. I tell you now it is not. Everyone around me wonder, why do I love spending most of my time devouring books instead of going out and meet new people, enjoy great things and have fun. Believe me if I say, I don't know the answer. But I think there’s a lot deeper explanation I have in mind, which I wanted everyone to know so they won't even bother asking.








I would say I enjoy the company of Books than people. It is safe to say that I trust books more than people. The comfort and reassurance of the physical book is safer than most of the individuals. It may sound depressing and skeptic, but I love to escape from my humdrum by burying myself in books and it gives me the power of going into other dimension and going to places without moving your feet.






I’ve read thousands of books, but there’s one trait about me that can strike anyone who knows me by the length of time. What I do when I read a very good book? I don’t share it to anyone, because it seems that it will destroy the connection I have with the character, author and the book itself. I’d like to keep it myself and decided not to share with everyone I know. A bit narcissist but I am telling the truth.

That's the thing about books...



                                                                                                             All the love, B x





No comments:

Post a Comment